An original etching from 1653. Two images on one leaf. Top: panoramic view of one of England’s oldest towns, with the river, ships, ramparts and bridge, center title.
Below: ground plan of the town with title in a cartouche; coats of arms and Roman coins; legend with length scale in top left. Lower left insert: map of the county of Cheshire with floral decorations and compass rose above. Address marked lower center; dated lower right above Roman column. A highly complex and decorative topographical work by the greatest Bohemian printmaker. Narrow margin as usual; very well preserved overall. Cited in: Parthey 964.