450 000 CZK
| 18 000 €
Karel Malich is among the artists who actively contributed to the formation of the Czech postwar art scene. In the 1945 academic year he started to study art education and aesthetics at the Faculty of Education in Prague, and his professors included Cyril Bouda, Karel Lidický and František Kovárna. In 1950-53 he continued his studies under Professor Vladimír Silovský at the Academy of Fine Arts. He was involved in the establishment of the Křižovatka (Crossroads) and Proměna (Transformation) art groups. This work is from a period marked by Malich's experimentation with Plexiglas and wire. He first worked with this new material at the Artchema symposium in Pardubice in 1968. The object represented Czechoslovak modern art at an exhibition at Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna in Rome in 1969. The work comes from the important collection of architect and painter Josef Wagner. Black opaque Plexiglas. Exhibition label on back.